Get news updates from WGBH
BOSTON PUBLIC RADIO
Mon July 15, 2013
What Is Your Reaction To The George Zimmerman Trial Verdict?
It was the verdict heard 'round the world: George Zimmerman found not guilty in the murder of Trayvon Martin.
This trial and this ruling have raised questions about race, our judicial system, and civil rights. Since the verdict came down on Saturday night, Trayvon Martin supporters and civil rights demonstrators have been turning out at rallies across the country.
In a special edition of Boston Public Radio, Jim and Margery will devote the show to the trial. They'll speak with a number of guests about the verdict in the trial of George Zimmerman, including:
- Kyle Hightower is a reporter with the Associated Press. He joined from Sanford, FL.
- Peniel Joseph is a professor of history at Tufts University.
- Wendy Murphy is an adjunct professor at New England Law Boston.
- Rev. Eugene F. Rivers III talked about the reasons the jury reached its verdict.
- Alan Dershowitz is a professor of law at Harvard University.
Should Zimmerman have been found guilty? What is your reaction to the verdict? What does this trial mean to you? Leave your comments in the comments section below.