Get news updates from WGBH
Tue May 27, 2014
Surprise Guilty Plea: Jared Remy Sentenced To Life
One of the region’s most talked about criminal cases took a surprise twist today. Jared Remy, the son of Red Sox announcer Jerry Remy, appeared in court and accepted responsibility for the death of 27-year-old Jennifer Martel. The move left legal experts dumbfounded and guaranteed Jared Remy will spend the rest of his life locked up.
- Jeffrey Denner is the founding partner at Denner Criminal Defense Group and has defended clients charged with first-degree murder.
- Margery Eagan is a columnist for the Boston Herald and the co-host of WGBH News' Boston Public Radio, which had as a guest Mass Lawyers Weekly managing editor David Frank to talk about the guilty plea.
The Middlesex District Attorney's office released the following files from an independent review of the its handling of the domestic violence case:
- Defendant’s booking sheet of August 13, 2013
- Defendant’s recognizance sheet of August 13, 2013
- Abuse prevention order against defendant with supporting affidavit of August 13, 2013
- Waltham Police report of August 13, 2013
BOSTON PUBLIC RADIO