Get news updates from WGBH
BOSTON PUBLIC RADIO
Tue September 17, 2013
Revisiting Gun Laws In The Aftermath Of The Navy Yard Shooting
On Monday, the nation was stunned by the shooting deaths of 13 at the Navy Yard in Washington, D.C. The suspected shooter, Aaron Alexis, had at least two prior gun-related run-ins with law enforcement.
Jim Braude and Margery Eagan asked callers about the need for stricter gun laws and more stringent background checks for would-be gun owners. What do you think? Leave a comment below, or on our Facebook page.
Also on BPR:
- John King, chief national correspondent for CNN, talked with Jim and Margery from Washington, D.C. about Monday's shooting.
- Marion Nestle discussed why the US is a nation of polar opposites, where hunger can exist on the one hand, and obesity on the other.
- Donald Berwick talked to Jim and Margery about why he should be the next governor of Massachusetts.
- Charlie Sennott — writer for Global Post — talked about his new documentary in partnership with FRONTLINE, about unrest in Egypt.
- Musician Graham Nash — of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young fame — talked about his new book, Wild Tales: A Rock & Roll Life.