Get news updates from WGBH
BOSTON PUBLIC RADIO
Wed April 3, 2013
BPR: Women In Politics, Train Travel, Jared Bowen And Joyce Kulhawik Talk Movies And Theater
- As candidates line up for the Boston mayor's race, how come there aren't any women? UMass Prof. Erin O'Brien joined Jim and Margery to talk about it.
- This Wall Street Journal op-ed has spurred a wave of online commentary. Sidney McClure of College Counseling Partners explained why.
- Jim and Margery opened up the lines to talk about train travel. Massachusetts plans to restore rail service to Hyannis on Memorial Day weekend.
- Boston Globe editor Brian McGrory talked about the Globe's new investigative report on Boston taxis.
- Should Massachusetts expand its online registry to include all sex offenders? Currently, only Level 3 sex offenders are searchable. Northeastern Prof. Carlos Cuevas and State Rep. James Arciero talked about it.
- Joyce Kulhawik and Jared Bowen stopped by studio 3 to talk movies and theatre with Jim and Margery.
EXTRA: Today during our segment on sex offenders many callers asked for clarification on how Massachusetts classifies offenders. One listener, Laurie, directed our attention to the Massachusetts laws that govern classifications. Read them here.