Get news updates from WGBH
BOSTON PUBLIC RADIO
Mon December 16, 2013
The BPR Holiday Concert Roundtable
The holidays are hectic. It's hard to find time for a well-deserved respite from the storm. Never fear: Boston Public Radio's three music critics waded through the season's musical offerings to find the choicest and weirdest shows in Boston, to raise your spirits and bolster you against the vagaries of the holiday hustle.
Rob Hochschild from the Berklee College of Music, WGBH's Edgar B. Herwick III and WCRB's Brian McCreath told hosts Jim Braude and Margery Eagan about their can't-miss choices for the holiday season and beyond.
- Donald Harrison, First Night Boston 2014, Dec. 31 at the Berklee Performance Center.
- Luciana Souza Quintet with Lionel Loueke and Gregoire Maret, Jan. 25 at Harvard University's Sanders Theater.
- Duke Levine, Jan. 23 at Atwood's Tavern.
- Roy Hargrove, Jan. 31 - Feb. 1 at Scullers Jazz Club.
- Aardvark Jazz Orchestra, Dec. 21 at Emmanuel Church.
- Berklee Silent Film Orchestra, "Safety Last," Dec. 31 at the Cutler Majestic Theater.
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Jan. 10 at Scullers Jazz Club.
- Harry and the Potters, Dec. 22 at The Middle East.
- Hot Stove Cool Music featuring The Baseball Project, Jan. 11 at The Paradise.
- Neutral Milk Hotel, Jan. 16 - 17 at The Orpheum.
- San Fermin, Feb. 10 at Brighton Music Hall.