Get news updates from WGBH
BOSTON PUBLIC RADIO
Thu February 27, 2014
BPR: Cape Wind, Callie Crossley, Alex Beam, T Station Branding, Kara Miller
- Cape Wind — the controversial Massachusetts wind project — got a major boost this week. Danish export credit company EFK agreed to give Cape Wind a $600 million loan to jumpstart the project. Jim Gordon, president of Cape Wind, joined Jim and Margery to talk about it.
- WGBH's Callie Crossley stoppedy by Studio Three — one day earlier than usual — to talk about her Sunday show. Callie discussed the two-year anniversary of Trayvon Martin's death.
- For Open Mic, Boston Globe columnist Alex Beam talked about turning into a weather junkie, as well as the pseudoscience behind some foods at Whole Foods.
- Should we start selling T station sponsorships? The MBTA has started to open up transportation space to more ads, to raise money for the service. How far would too far be when it comes to sponsorships?
- Kara Miller talked about female captains of industry and innovators — does the shift to workplace equality spell a golden age for women leaders? Miller is the host of Innovation Hub.