Get news updates from WGBH
BOSTON PUBLIC RADIO
Tue June 4, 2013
BPR: Bulger Trial Begins, CNN's John King, Charlie Baker, Best New Music
- CNN's John King joined Jim and Margery to talk through the latest news out of Washington.
- Boston Globe writer Todd Wallack tendered a blistering profile of Leslie Cohen Berlowitz, leader of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in Cambridge. Berlowitz, it turns out, has exaggerated certain credentials. So, does this undermine her authority? Should she step down, or be fired? Jim and Margery discussed.
- Boston Herald columnist Peter Gelzinis previewed the trial of reputed Boston mobster James "Whitey" Bulger. According to Gelzinis, Whitey's South Boston home turf doesn't look so familiar anymore.
- Charlie Baker, former CEO of Harvard Pilgrim, joined Jim and Margery to talk state politics.
- WGBH's Adam Reilly checked in from Moakley Courthouse, site of the Whitey Bulger trial.
- Do you text and drive? A recent survey found 40% of Massachusetts residents are willing to admit they do.
- Boston Globe pop music and television critic Sarah Rodman joined WGBH's Edgar B. Herwick III to talk new music. See their full list here.