Get news updates from WGBH
BOSTON PUBLIC RADIO
Wed March 20, 2013
BPR: Bill McKibben on Keystone XL, Drew Bledsoe on Wine, and The Globe's Brian McGrory
- Todd Zwillich - Washington correspondent for The Takeaway - joined Jim Braude and Emily Rooney to talk about a possible assault weapons ban in Congress.
- Environmental activist Bill McKibben talked about his last story for the Boston Phoenix. McKibben wrote about the Keystone XL pipeline, and what leaders in Congress should do about it.
- Jim and Emily talk about effective food calorie labeling.
- Boston Globe editor Brian McGrory talked about his paper's coverage of the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum heist.
- Former New England Patriots quarterback - and stealth vintner - Drew Bledsoe joined Jim and Emily to talk about a new bill on Beacon Hill to allow direct wine shipping in the Bay State. Jonathan Alsop, founder of Boston Wine School, joined the conversation as well.
- Sheryl Marshall talked about the incredible expense of weddings.