Get news updates from WGBH
BOSTON PUBLIC RADIO
Thu May 8, 2014
BPR: Alan Dershowitz On Death Penalty, Ask The Secretary Rich Davey, Tattoos, Kara Miller, Alex Beam
- Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz talked to Jim and Margery about death penalty charges against Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. Tsarnaev's legal team is saying the Boston bombing plot shouldn't be used as criteria in determining whether Tsarnaev should get the death penalty.
- Mass. Secretary of Transportation Rich Davey joined Jim and Margery for another edition of Ask the Secretary. Davey fielded questions about traffic, road repairs and MBTA and commuter rail improvements.
- A new NBC / Wall Street Journal poll found that 40 percent of households have an occupant with a tattoo. That's up 19 percent since 1999. Why the sudden interest in ink? Would you or have you gotten a tattoo? Jim and Margery discussed.
- Revenge of the Nerds: Innovation Hub host Kara Miller talked about nerds getting their due. When will the smart kids start getting their due — and stop getting picked on?
- Alex Beam was back for his regular Open Mic segment. Beam talked about managing luck, words we love too much, and the tricky confirmation process of appellate court nominee David Barron. Beam is a Boston Globe columnist, and the author of American Crucifixion.