Get news updates from WGBH
BOSTON PUBLIC RADIO
Thu May 22, 2014
BPR: 9/11 Museum, Juliette Kayyem, Dan Barber, Alex Beam, Kara Miller
- Boston Globe columnist Joan Vennochi talked about her new column, "The Tragedy Trade," which looked at the newly-opened 9/11 Memorial Museum, which charges $24 for entry, and features a gift shop.
- Mass. gubernatorial candidate Juliette Kayyem joined Margery Eagan and Jared Bowen to talk about her campaign, the run-up to the Democratic convention in June, and whether the Boston Globe should've un-redacted an FBI agent's name.
- Dan Barber — chef, restaurateur — joined Margery and Jared to talk about his new book, The Third Plate. Has the farm-to-table movement failed? Barber discussed it.
- Boston Globe columnist Alex Beam was back for his weekly Open Mic segment. Beam is the author of American Crucifixion.
- Innovation Hub host Kara Miller joined the show for a second conversation about the paralysis of choice. Why do we freeze when we're confronted with myriad options in the store, or online?