Get news updates from WGBH
BOSTON PUBLIC RADIO
Fri January 18, 2013
Beer and a Movie: Weekend Happenings
Looking for something fun to do for Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend? Edgar B. Herwick III has a couple options that might interest you:
- Robert Newton, the creative director at the Cape Ann Community Cinema, joined Boston Public Radio to talk about their Oscars program. Between now and the Oscars, the Gloucester theater will show nominated movies you probably won't have a chance to see anywhere else. Check out their schedule here.
- Interested in good beer? Mike Munnelly joined Boston Public Radio to tell us about the Beer Summit, happening this weekend, where you can sample more than 6o craft beers.
- Got those happy feet? How about a little Lindy Hop? What's that? You probably know it better as "swing dancing." Boston Swing Central has a great Friday night dance at the Crosby Whistle Stop in Charlestown. There's a free lesson before the dance (no partner required) and, this Friday, live swing music from some of the areas best players.
- Hey, it's like being stoned. Cracker and Camper Van Beethoven play the Middle East Downstairs on Sunday. Get your David Lowery on!
- And don't forget, admission to the Museum of Fine Arts Boston will be free on Monday (MLK Day Holiday)